Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Wayanad, Kerala, India
A unique course for students with a basic understanding of science/commerce who are seeking a career in the poultry industry as managers and entrepreneurs. The course is launched in the College of Avian Sciences and Management, Palakkad, Kerala under the Faculty of Poultry Science, Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University.
Eligibility: A pass in qualifying examination with biology/accounting and business studies as optional subject that has been recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to higher secondary of an Indian Board.
Annual intake: 5 seats for international students out of total 50 seats
Duration: 6 semesters
Highlights of the course
- Sound theoretical and practical approach to poultry production and management
- Hands on training in collaboration with leading industries of the country
- Exposure visit to various farms, hatcheries, processing plants and feed mills
Major topics covered
- Production domain: Layer, breeder, broiler production, poultry nutrition, feed mill technology, automation, poultry processing, hatchery management, climate change adaptation of poultry, management of pet birds and diversified poultry species
- Management domain: Business communication, computer application for poultry business, accounting and financial management, marketing strategies, human resource management, risk management and insurance, legal aspects and trade
Director, Directorate of Academics and Research, Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Pookode Lakkidi P.O, Wayanad district, Kerala, India 673 576
Phone: 04936 -209260,209275
Classes for 2015 admission start on: October 2015
Application form and prospectus available at: www.kvasu.ac.in