Phibro Animal Health Corporation is a publicly traded organization with a rich history spanning nearly 100 years of service. The Company is a global manufacturer of medicated feed additives, feed ingredients, advanced nutrition solutions and vaccines with more than 1,500 product presentations in over 75 countries to approximately 3,500 customers. Phibro’s revenues are in excess of $800 million, and are supported by over 1,600 employees worldwide.
The position is based at Phibro’s Corvallis Research Center (CRC) and reports to the CRC director. The Research Scientist leads a robust, strategic, and coordinated research process with focus on effectively utilizing our human and economic resources to drive and sustain growth of our nutritional products. The Research Scientist works directly with the CRC team composed by a unit manager, scientists and technicians as well as coordinate and interact with key influencers across other departments and regions to understand the needs for research and address those as needed. The CRC supports the planning and execution of Business Development, Product Development, Collaborative Research and Market Support research projects.
Planning and execution of Research Projects/Studies
- Plan and execute ruminant research programs for nutritional specialty products that are on-time and on-target to key strategic growth initiatives
- Translate expertise in rumen function, microbiome, nutrition and/or immunity to support new and existing nutritional specialty products
- Cross-functional collaboration with research, technical, and marketing colleagues to ensure appropriate support for nutrition specialty products
- Strengthen our innovation capability by actively seeking new ideas and approaches to help understand how nutritional specialty products can solve customer problems
- Responsible for execution of trial protocols and summaries, including data summarization, presentation to stakeholders and preparation of publications for journals and scientific conferences as appropriate.
- Responsible for working with the unit manager and laboratory and farm technicians to ensure proper trial execution, data integrity, and the safety of all personnel and animals
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities:
- Education of M.S. (i.e., Animal Nutrition, Physiology, Immunology, Biochemistry, Microbiology or related field). Education of Ph.D. is preferred.
- Proven track record of delivering research outcomes applicable to the commercial livestock industry
- A broad set of scientific, technical, and analytical skills for research planning and execution of in vivo, in vitro, and ex vivo models focused on rumen function, microbiome, nutrition and/or immunity with an emphasis on ruminant species.
- Demonstrated ability to lead by influence, problem solve and help lead change
- Strong working knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Office and additional scientific analysis software including Prizm GraphPad, SAS, R-studio or comparable scientific data applications.
- Passion for teamwork, high sense of urgency, absolute integrity, and robust initiative.
- Strong organizational skills with excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
More information can be found on Phibro's website.