The Institute of Molecular Genetics of the Czech Academy of Sciences is looking for an outstanding scientist to establish a research team focused on original research topics with a strong emphasis on chicken biology and genetics.
The Institute of Molecular Genetics of the Czech Academy of Sciences is a leading Czech research institute in the field of molecular biology and genetics. We offer a collaborative international environment and state-of-art research facilities, including a recently renovated facility for chicken breeding. The Institute maintains a unique panel of inbred chicken lines and pioneers genetic editing techniques in chicken. We plan to expand the number of research groups utilizing chicken as a model.
We look for an outstanding scientist to establish a research team focused on original research topics with a strong emphasis on chicken biology and genetics. The position is initially offered for five years with the possibility of further extension based on the international evaluation. The Institute will provide laboratory space in its new building located at the BIOCEV Biomedical Centre in Vestec near Prague, salary, start-up funds, institutional support and laboratory equipment.
- At least two years of postdoctoral experience
- Excellent publication record
- Applicants from the area of chicken biology and genetics are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications are invited throughout the whole year 2022. The applicant should provide the following documents to the Director of the Institute ():
- Professional CV
- List of publications
- Five major achievements
- Synopsis of previous research (maximum two pages)
- Proposal (maximum 5 pages) of the research program of the group for the first three years; the document should include the financial plan of the group and requirements for laboratory space and equipment.
- Two letters of support
The pre-selected candidates will be invited for a personal interview and a talk at the Institute.
- Job Offer (PDF, 147kB)